SOLVED Operating System Not Found

Reaction score
It took forever, but the USB was able to properly install Windows! Thank you for all your advice; you definitely steered me in the right direction!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you managed to sort it out.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
If the requirement to reinstall the OS is going to be the solution to this situation, which seems to be happening fairly often, then Window 10 will not survive.

If folks have to worry about loosing their install without warning, no one will want to move to such an OS.

This is another thread with the "No OS" error and so far no reasonable solution has been seen. We don't yet know what is originally causing the error, but if you can't disconnect the hard drive and boot into the USB drive or the bios, we are in trouble... no pun intended. ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have to say that I agree.
While I'm relatively sure that of all the installs worldwide the problematic examples we see are probably still a very small statistical portion.
I just wish more people would take the time to image their disk before even attempting an upgrade.
After all, it's a pretty big deal, especially on machines with tons of software installed not to mention hardware peripherals. The hour or so that it takes is well worth it.
Unfortunately I don't think that a lot of people realize just what a huge process it actually is until it's too late and then they find their way here.

Reaction score
I have to say that I agree.
While I'm relatively sure that of all the installs worldwide the problematic examples we see are probably still a very small statistical portion.
This is an interesting situation for discussion.

Do you have actual numbers which suggest there are x number of problematic systems for each posting on this forum?

Is any info gathered for the worldwide occurrences of such a problem?

If there were one know cause I assume Microsoft would have made that public. I have not seen anything which would seem to indicate Microsoft has any idea of what or why such problems were occurring. I am disappointed in that, with all the telemetry they receive, no solution has been identified.

It is really frustrating for folks trying to help in these forums, who have not experienced the situation themselves, to provide informative guidance.

As you mention, a good backup plan is the only way to protect yourself.

Ask a Question