Out of the Blue...An Ad That Won't Go Away

Reaction score
I know it's in Windows, because it appears in all three browsers(Firefox,Chrome, and Edge) and in Word, Open Office, etc. It's an ad, but Ad Block Plus, Ad-Aware won't remove it. It just shows up as a band about 4-6" across the bottom of the screen. I can type over it, but it blocks most of what's in back. It basically says Series 5, Hyper Real Engine with a Samsung logo inside. How can I get rid of it? It comes on, stays on for about 15 seconds, disappears for around 15 seconds and the continuous loop never stops. I've tried everything, including anti-virus programs, turning my PC on and off, but no success.

Reaction score
Did you look in the Task Manager to see if it is running there. If so disable it and then see if it is something on the program list. If so, uninstall it.

Reaction score
For Internet explorer
Click the “Gear” icon in top right corner
Select Manage Addons
Go to tab Toolbars and Extensions
Select Hyper Browser
Click Disable button

For Chrome
Click the 3 stripes in the top right corner
Select Settings and, on the left side: Extensions
Remove Hyper Browser extension (click the dustbin icon, right next to the browser extension)

Edge I don't use, but you can select the 3 dots top right, and then settings. See if there is an option there to delete extensions or block popups. .

Ask a Question