Outlook password protected file

Reaction score
Hello,
I have password protected a personal folders file (.pst) in Outlook 2013. But I forgot it. Is there a way to restore outlook password?

Any help will be appreciated

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi bender,

Welcome to the Forum.

Officially Microsoft do not provide support for password recovery however you could review some of the options mentioned here to see whether you can try a third party tool to recover your password.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...t-outlook-pst-file-password?forum=winserverDS

Just be aware any such tool mentioned on this site could be harmful to your system, so before installing or running one of these tools do a virus scan first.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
You're welcome.

If you have some success please let us know which tool worked for you as others may be interested should they forget their own passwords on .pst files.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your kind assistance in this matter. This tool worked for me

Reaction score
Hello Regedit32,
I have tried the reference suggested by you, but it is not working. I had set encrypted password when I installed MS Outlook application.

As per suggestion of another expert, I am going to try Stellar Phoenix Outlook Password recovery software. However, it is not a free stuff but can’t wait more due to client’s pressure.

Reaction score
Bender Therea no doubt you will require your old password before you can attempt to change it. The easiest way that I've found and it works every time is to sleep on it for a couple of nights and it'll pop into your head. You will probably awake in the middle of the night screaming "bender1234" LOL

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your kind assistance in this matter. This tool worked for me
You could also use any easy manual trick to unlock PST file instead of spending money on 3rd party paid tools. Anyway, great if this tool worked for you.

Reaction score
For those users who are using old versions of Outlook which save PST files in ANSI format, I have something for them. If you're one of them, you can use PST19UPG.EXE to unlock PST files by removing the password. It's so easy, and it doesn't require any paid software.

I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
To keep secure and safe your password and data information try PST Password Recovery software. No matter in which language the password has been applied. This tool works smoothly to reset the password of PST files.
Visit here more info: softakensoftware pst password recovery

Reaction score
If you want to recover your lost outlook pst password, then you can use ToolsGround PST Password Recovery Tool. Try this software, this tool works very easily and smoothly.

Reaction score
Hi there,
You can easily restore the password of an encrypted file through this PST Password Remover which can unlock any password type be it multilingual or lengthy passwords and lets you recover the pst password and reset it again.
It will also give you an option to save your password to a clipboard as well so that you don't miss it.

Ask a Question