SOLVED Outlook pops up "welcome" page after boot unrequited ! how to stop?

Reaction score
after switching on PC, outlook pops up an "start/register account" page after boot up, this started happening after booking a table at a local restaurant online, having entered all the text in the appropriate txt boxes, there was no send button on the page but a tiny little button with the word "email" on it, so I clicked it, ....up pops the Outlook "welcom page, so I clicked the little x to close it and then pressed the cancel button on the form on restaurant web page, tried phoning the restaurant....after some minutes connection cut with recorded message "sorry, no answer, please try again later".

ever since then outlook pops up after PC boots, how do I turn it off....?
my email is with "hotmail.com" and when I log in it comes up as "opening your inbox" and its in Outlook,
so I don't need to sign up or register.

Hope you can help, cheers.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi noelist,

Welcome to the Forum.

Microsoft introduced a new feature that allows apps that were open at time of shut down to be re-opened during boot up. This may be why its opening each time you start your computer.

If you left-click once on your Desktop to give it focus, then press you Alt and F4 keys together this will open a dialog which you can use to shutdown and close all open apps.

Try that then restart computer to see whether it stop the issue with your Outlook.

If that does not work, then right-click on your Taskbar and select Task Manager and when this opens select the Startup tab. You may see Outlook listed there, and you can disable it here by left-clicking it to highlight then clicking the Disable button in the bottom right corner of the dialog.

Reaction score
Hi Regedit, Yep, the right click on screen and then press ALT & F6 together{simultaneously.ac.uk} did the trick, although I went on a wild goose chase after right click on screen, up popped "RADEON CONFIGURE" dialog box, having wasted time with that, as no change was effected, right clicked again and Outlook has not reappeared, but radeon still comes up with right click on screen, but thats not a problem, so thanks a bundle, I will mark as SOLVED, Cheers.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the up date noelist.

Glad you managed to resolve the Outlook issue.

Ask a Question