Outlook problems

Reaction score
After Talk Talk fiasco with peoples account I immediately changed mine and my husbands codes on Ms (Mine on Windows 10). This is when I got problems. I tried to log on in outlook after and any Ms based account (including this site and it says I am not recognised. Or that my passwords are not recognised even though in Windows 10 Hotmail it says its been changed.

I had to put it in three or four times. This is when I got suspicious so I came on this site any ideas. Only in Bing a 365 Tech Page came up for an on-line chat and I immediately ignored it as I heard there are Microsoft imitators out therej who scam you for money and put viruses on your computer.

Only last time this happened I did use the Chat Room Site (did not give away any details but got a suspicious telephone call from what was supposed to be an Ms Engineer (who sounded remarkably like some guy talking on his mobile walking down the street)! Good thing I use to be a telephonist BT trained. I immediately hung up hence my changing my password any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you please clarify and simplify your question?
Can you log onto your computer?
If so, do you use "your" Microsoft Live ID to do so, or are you using a local account to log onto your computer.
Then
Separate question requiring a separate answer....
If you go to www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com can you log on there using your Microsoft Live ID?

Reaction score
I really don't remember the sequence of events but now when I start up my laptop I am asked to provide a password which is linked to my hotmail account. I have been struggling to get through that stage with various pin numbers / passwords to no avail. My laptop has all my projects on it and it won't start up. I would appreciate a reply on how to disable this login and go back to the old logon without windows asking for a password / pin.
I have seen other posts of how to disable this option AFTER windows starts but my problem is to get windows started in the first place.
Thanks to all the people who lend their expertise on the subject to help people like me who are not so technically sound.

Bernard Roberts

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Bernard and welcome to the forum.
Probably the best thing you could do is to start another thread, one of your own with specific details as much as possible about your problem.
Hijacking another person's thread, even though your problem is very similar, is not considered good forum etiquette.
Try using the On Screen Keyboard for the time being, which can be evoked by clicking the ease of access icon on the sign-in screen.
AND using the Eye spy icon inside the password box to make sure that your password is being typed exactly as you intend
AND make sure you are using the correct password based on the user account and do not confuse a local computer account with a Microsoft Live ID Account and end up switching passwords.

Ask a Question