SOLVED Outlook Will Not Work

Reaction score
I have installed the Technical Preview on two systems, one retaining settings and the other a clean install. One neither one can I get Microsoft Outlook to set up. I've spent three days trying to troubleshoot to no avail. Any ideas.

Pastor Michael Burns

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I suppose it might be helpful if we knew which version of Outlook you are talking about.
Additionally some information about at what point in the "set up", are you having problems? Are you receiving error messages with associated codes? Is their any information at the point of failure with respect to a particular log file that is referenced?

Reaction score
I am trying to set up Outloook 2010 which may be a problem in itself although all the other products in Office 2010 Professional work fine. At any rate I have tried to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7 to no avail.

I manually set it up step by step as I've done before and per my provider's instruction and when I tell it to test the connection it fails on incoming. Works ok outgoing. It is set up for imap but I have tried pop3 with same results.

Michael

Reaction score
The problem has been fixed. I was using an incorrect password. When Charter switch from .com to .net they required that one letter in the password had to be capitalized.

Michael

Ask a Question