Outlook

Reaction score
Have installed office 365 on my new laptop but am unable to connect Outlook to my bt internet provider.
Contacted BT who said contact Microsoft? Any advice? it worked perfectly well before. Thanks

Reaction score
Did you put in your email address as well as the server configuration (like mail server and port# as well as SMTP server and port#) into Outlook??
I do not use outlook so I am guessing here....

Reaction score
Yes I did all that.......I can access mail via btyahoo but have used outlook for years and like it

Reaction score
One of my friends in the UK is a regular BT user. I emailed him and this was his response. No idea if it will help

Tell her to set the outgoing port to 25 "Outlook - File - Account - Account Settings - Change -, More settings- Advance
I use Port 993 and Port 25 with encryption set to None.
If that still doesn't do it, use the default settings of 110 and 25.

Reaction score
One of my friends in the UK is a regular BT user. I emailed him and this was his response. No idea if it will help

Tell her to set the outgoing port to 25 "Outlook - File - Account - Account Settings - Change -, More settings- Advance
I use Port 993 and Port 25 with encryption set to None.
If that still doesn't do it, use the default settings of 110 and 25.
Thanks for all the responses, I am ready to throw laptop out the window ...........tomorrow is another day.

Reaction score
Like you, I use BT as my ISP (and seem to be unable to change it) BT, understandably, cannot be responsible for 3rd Party E-Mail Software (eg Outlook) and always refer me to, and insist that I use their Web-Site Email "Service."
My MS Office2010 version of Outlook is riddled with infuriating problems but otherwise works well enough. Previously I used Outlook Express (OE) but they stopped "supporting" it, but to me OE was by far the better version and behaved impeccably. As for BT, I am currently using the Ombudsman (Communications) to try to resolve my long-standing issues with BT's abysmal Customer Services. One problem you might have encountered is trying to set up your Account(s) in Outlook. If so, you are now FORCED to use an IMAP Server when entering your Account settings, as POP3 is no longer supported by Yahoo. It took BT 6 months to finally admit this - after shoving me through their Tech Support (at a Cost) but they hadn't got a clue either. (NB... Yahoo is a 3rd Party Software ) and I was told a long time ago that BT had severed their Association with Yahoo... but they are still using it, and indeed their entire Web Site is only on-line courtesy of Yahoo.

If this hasn't helped you, feel free to reply with more detailed problems you've encountered.

Ask a Question