Outlook

Reaction score
Good Morning can some please help with this frustrating problem I have. I love Windows 10, but! Outlook is causing me a problem and I don't know the answer and cannot fine the answer. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and a Surface Pro 3 computer, I run Microsoft 365 programs. I am using Outlook, when I start either of my computers I find I have 3 versions of Outlook on each computer, I have Outlook 2013, when I open my desktop I see I have another Mail Service and when I open Edge I can run another version of Outlook or some type of mail system. Are these 3 systems linked? are they all synchronized? Is it ok to use either on or delete them in some way? Also I have periods where I cannot send mail, not sure whether this is my Internet Service provider or Outlook, my Internet Provider tells me its my Outlook program, not them, but they would!! Can anybody steer me in the correct direction on this frustrating problem, I seem to receive mail ok but cannot send, I have done all the fixes that I know but still this frustrating problem of sending E-Mails and it does it on any of the 3 mail systems I have??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I seem to receive mail ok but cannot send
Generally speaking your ability to send and or receive email is dictated by the configuration of your settings under the advanced tab of you POP / IMAP account, as required by your mail provider (in most cases your ISP).
For instance my Comcast email requires
Incoming server (POP3) port number 995 and a check in the box that says "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Outgoing server (SMTP) port number 465 and "Use the following type of encrypted connection (SSL)

While my Gmail account (configured as POP3) is similarly configured but
Outgoing server (SMTP) port number is 587 (TLS)

So you need to double check with your mail provider and confirm that your respective settings regarding port number and encryption are configured to comply with their specific requirements.

Regarding
when I start either of my computers I find I have 3 versions of Outlook on each computer
Just stick with your Office 365 configuration and ignore the others. At least until such time as you've managed to sort your send problem.
Are these 3 systems linked?
Assuming that all three are pointed at the same account, then I suspected they are the same in so far as what you are seeing. As to whether or not they are sync'd only you will be able to tell. But as I said, I would ignore the other two for the time being and then after you've resolved your problem test and see.
If you delete an item in one does it disappear from the other interface? If you empty the trash in one, do all three reflect that there is nothing in trash.
If they are all configured as Exchange / Active Sync then I would suspect..... Yes.
If you have them configured as both Exchange / Active Sync and POP / IMAP then I would suspect ..... No.

Ask a Question