Paint Shop Pro 9 won't install on new computer

Reaction score
I have attempted to install Paint Shop Pro 9 from my original disc a couple of times on my new computer. It was on the old one when I updated to Windows 10, and it continued to work just fine. However, when I attempt to install on the new computer it keeps getting stuck at "Registering Modules" Any ideas how to get this program to work for me? Thank you for any input.

Reaction score
I have attempted to install Paint Shop Pro 9 from my original disc a couple of times on my new computer. It was on the old one when I updated to Windows 10, and it continued to work just fine. However, when I attempt to install on the new computer it keeps getting stuck at "Registering Modules" Any ideas how to get this program to work for me? Thank you for any input.
This worked for me
Check with the computer manufacturer for the latest device driver software availability and installation procedures
Download and install graphic driver from computer manufacturer.
Reinstall Paint Shop Pro 9
If it works OK then disable Windows 10 from downloading update drivers
How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
  1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. 2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Reaction score
This is not my idea but it worked for me. I have a Laptop with Windows 10 64 bit installed from new. Initially Paint shop pro 9 worked fine but after a number of updates would not work. I tried repairing and always hung when registering. I read on a Forum not windows Problem but a graphics Card Driver ( mine Intel Graphic HD 520) this had been automatically updating with window updates.

Solution: Download old Driver from Intel Graphic site. I used one dated 2015. then update graphic Driver but do it manually and used the old down loaded Driver. For me hey presto it worked. All I Need to do is stop any automatic update of graphics Driver.

Reaction score
Robert Green
I had the same problem with compatibility. After many attempts, this is what I did that worked: I removed the hard drive from my old computer that had the jasc software 9. I put the hard drive into a external hard drive reader for Amazon ($22.). I plugged it in my new computer's UBS and found program files/jasc software/paint shop pro 9/setup. Click on setup and bingo.

Ask a Question