PC shutting down issue

Reaction score
Randomly, when using my PC - whether I'm on a game, or on the internet or whatever, the screens will cut out. I can still hear people on my discord call and they can still hear me, and my mouse and keyboard and speakers etc. all are still glowing. Then within a few seconds, it will cut out completely. And then about half a minute later, it will on it's own go back to the bios and it'll start up again.
On the start-up it will say installing updates for a few seconds.

This only happens once every couple of days, but is very annoying. This has been happening both before and after I put in my SSD, so I don't believe it's hardware related. Help please?

Reaction score
James Welcome! Try running the native Windows hardware trouble shooter, found in settings > Update and Security Troubleshoot.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Two questions, first what system is it and give complete model number. There are some known to have a similar problem. And second, no entries in the Event Viewer around the time this is happening?

Reaction score
It sounds to me like Windows is downloading and installing updates at the most inconvenient times. Try deferring updates.

Ask a Question