PC Sleep Issues

Reaction score
Post W10 Installation - this is driving me insane, my computer constantly wakes up from sleep. It just will not stay asleep no matter what, I thought it was my mouse so I went into my device manager and changed it so it didn't have the ability to wake up my computer. It stopped for a little while at least that's what it seemed, must have been coincidence because now its happening again. Which is weird because I went into power settings and turned "Wake Timers" off completely, it's now switched to disabled. Yet whenever I runcmd and type "powercfg -waketimers" as it reccomends here (http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent-your-computer-from-waking-up-accidentally/) to find out which timers are on. It says something about volume 2 on one of my hdd's, some stuff that doesn't make much sense to me. If you need me to paste the cmd info you're going to have to tell me how. Also when i type "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" it lists "HID Keyboard Device" and "HID Keyboard Device (001)." Maybe the latter is what's waking my computer? I figured that was just another name for my keyboard or something, all I want is my computer to stay asleep and only my corsair keyboard to be able to wake it up. Also everytime it wakes up I type "powercfg -lastwake" into the cmd and it doesn't give me any info. It says "wake history count -1" and the other 2 stats are 0, followed by no text or information. Also I forgot to mention but when it wakes up as of now, the display will actually stay off but the computers lights and everything are on. Whereas before when I thought it was the mouse waking it up, the whole computer would turn back on, display and all. If I've been unclear in any way I'll do my best to help clear any misunderstandings up.

Last edited:

Ask a Question