Photo icons

Reaction score
1.PNG
2.PNG
Why has my photos suddenly got the little icons (green with white tick or blue with white chevrons?) on the bottom left hand side - they were not there before and I do not know what they mean - many thanks.

Reaction score
I've never heard of this before, but here's what I found on the web:

At the top of the File List pane, click View | Toggle Overlay Mode to control the visibility and color. Toggle through the available modes with this ] key.

Alternatively, click View | Highlight Overlay to select which icons appear in color. Toggle through the modes with this [ key.

For more control over overlay icons, such as whether individual icons are displayed, go to Tools | Options. In the Options window, under File List, choose Thumbnail Info.

Reaction score
Not sure if I can follow your instruction but will try, I was wondering if it had anything to do with backing up to my external WD Cloud? But as said this has just started to appear? Thank you very much for your response.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was wondering if it had anything to do with backing up
Some backup software does do this, to indicate the status of a particular file with respect to whether or not it has been recently backed up (incremental or differential).
Maybe check your software documentation and see if it mentions anything about a file icon overlay for that purpose.

Ask a Question