SOLVED Photo upload problem?

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this post so I tried it here? Anyway, I have a Canon A2300 that wasn't uploading my photos properly so I contacted Canon techs who sent me the latest software but that didn't work so after trying all sorts of things unsuccessfully, I bought a card reader that worked fine but now that doesn't work anymore? I take the card out of the camera put it in the card reader and the photos upload but then it freezes and I cant tick the boxes for the photos to be stored to the computer hard drive? I've been getting a pop up saying that H drive is invalid and I have no idea how to fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi redrooster,

put the card back in the camera and switch it on then off again, remove the card and put it in the card reader and see if that clears the problem?. :)

Reaction score
You state it wasn't uploading properly. - This through the USB interface? If so, have you tried, if available, other USB ports on the computer.?

Reaction score
I've tried putting it back in the camera switching it on and off and put it into the card reader, no go! I've tried other ports as well? I've tried to change the name of the drive from H to D but it won't let me do it? It says the name is too long or I've entered a wrong whatever? I entered the name exactly the same but with a D instead of an H? I just ran sfc/scannow on the command prompt and it appears to have fixed the problem but now I'm stuck on one drive and I want to get back to whatever it was opening the program before?

Reaction score
It's not the card reader, I've fixed the problem with sfc/scannow, the program was corrupted. Now I cant find my way back to the program that was opening the photos from One Drive. I tried it to see if it would work and solve my problem.

Reaction score
Hi redrooster,

isn't the default App in Windows 10 called "Photo's"?. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It's not the card reader
Glad you got it working!

Never said it was.....I wanted the make/model to read the "how to remove' section of the manual. As I stated, you have to use the "safely remove" method. If you don't you run the risk of data corruption and/or permanent damage to the SD card.

I have a 3.5" card reader in and 5.25 adapter that fits in my case front panel 5.25 bay. I always have to use the "safe to remove" method, to protect the SD card, reader and from data corruption.

Ask a Question