Pictures missing from windows 10

Reaction score
I've had windows10 since the start. I changed my administrators password, and now all my photos are missing. I think an update was done after changing the password. How do I find the folders with pictures?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Barbara10,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you right-click on Start then select Settings > Accounts and then on left side select Sync your settings do you see any red text like You are logged on with a temporary profile. Roaming options are unavailable.

If you do see the above then try signing-in to your User account again.

Also if you right-click on Start then select Settings > Accounts and then on left side select Your Info take a look at the following:

Untitled.png

If you do not see the
Sign in with a local account instead then you are not signed in as Administrator.

The only other thing I can think of from your post is you are suggesting your
Pictures folder is missing. If that is what you meant, then take a look under This PC located in the Navigation Pane [ left side ] in your File Explorer, or using file explorer you could navigate to C:\Users\Username\Pictures replacing Username with the username you are signed-in with.

Ask a Question