POP to IMAP in Outlook 2010

Reaction score
I changed my mail from POP to IMAP since I like to check from several different devices. My question on my PC does OL 2010 still use the .PST file since from what's stated by comcast/xfinity all are now kept on their servers?

thanks

Reaction score
My Outlook with Office 2013 and 2010 does save the .pst file [different computers]. Having the messages on your IPS's server is convenient when accessing via a Web connection to their E-Mail page, most ISPs do it. That's the difference between an installed E-Mail Client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, the now-defunct IncrediMail, etc., and the Webmail/Online E-Mail feature using a browser. A setting int Outlook should be checked/unchecked if wanting to use different devices or traveling to assure no one computer will delete the messages from the server, assure all devices can still see them.

Reaction score
I made the switch and all doing well except when I send a msg it doesn't show in the "sent" folder? Help please?

thanks again

Reaction score
Well I went back to the POP account because didn't like how IMAP handled the mail so I deleted the IMAP account. I presume they both share the same .PST file because mail is also showing up in deleted account folders. It shows as myemail(1)@.... and the original myemail@... So how do I remove the myemail(1)@.... and it not delete the .PST file?

Ask a Question