Installing a POP/IMAP account into the mail application on Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a new POP E-Mail account. I am unable to get it installed into the Start Mail Application. I have installed it through the Advanced Installation and yet what I get is the Notification: "Your XXXXX Account authentication is out dated.". What else need to be done?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Who is the email provider ( (e-mail address removed) )
Someone with a similar account might have some suggestions for you.

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is with Windows Mail, but with your provider (Zoho). Have you changed the password, or any other item, very recently.

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is with Windows Mail, but with your provider (Zoho). Have you changed the password, or any other item, very recently.
Unfortunately, the facts are that I have followed the ZOHO.com full instructions on POP enabling, Window0 Advanced Setting and for 24 hours it worked. Now, its not working anymore and back to sending me the message:" Your XXXXXXX Account setting is Out of Date" - frankly since it returns after 24 hours of operating well I am not sure where is the problem!

Reaction score
This is nwhat MS recommend. I am not able to test it.

1. Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.
  2. Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.

3. Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see Advanced mailbox settings.

4. Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and Require SSL for outgoing email and then choose Done > Save.

Ask a Question