Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am facing an annoying problem I think since I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004.
I have the sound off, most of the time, and theres an crackling sound when a notification comes, (eg. email notification).
This only happens when my laptop is connected to external power.
Does anyone face a problem like this and have a solution?
Thanks

Reaction score

Hi Gray,

try upgrading to version 2009!.

Please be aware that this page is directed toward the UK English version !. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie.
I am already in version 2009 but the problems persists.

Reaction score
I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004
Hi Gray,

you said ver. 2004?????.

Have you opened Control Panel > Device Manager and removed the hardware including it's drivers then rebooting and let the device re-install?. :) (Right click your sound device(s) and uninstall).

1604939792004.png

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
I said that this problem started after upgrading to version 2004. In the meanwhile I have already upgraded to version 2009 (20H2).
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled more than once and no solution.
I followed a lot of suggestions that I found in the web, one of those installing Microsoft High Definition Audio Device driver but the problem persists!!!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am facing an annoying problem I think since I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004.
I have the sound off, most of the time, and theres an crackling sound when a notification comes, (eg. email notification).
This only happens when my laptop is connected to external power.
Does anyone face a problem like this and have a solution?
Thanks
Have you checked your laptop mfg for driver updates and a BIOS update?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Next thing to check would be the AC adapter. They can and do go bad. I would try a replacement. Depending on warranty status, you might be able to get a new one for free.

Reaction score
Next thing to check would be the AC adapter. They can and do go bad. I would try a replacement. Depending on warranty status, you might be able to get a new one for free.
Tried with a new charger and got the noises!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well, that just leaves the internal speakers or the cable that attaches the speakers to the mobo. Or the jack on the laptop where the AC adapter plugs into.....could be a short inside. In either case it will have to be broke down and looked at from the inside.

Reaction score
Another question, did you drop or hit the laptop at all?. Is it used in a moist area like a kitchen where moisture could get into the laptop and cause a short?. :)

Reaction score
No, I use it at the office and at home in the living room, since the covid lock down back im March. So I have to send it to a service shop.

Reaction score
please keep us posted as I have no further thoughts/suggestions at the moment!. :)

Reaction score
I just opened the laptop but I can´t see anything abnormal, so I have to send it to a service shop and I will be back here.
A few months ago after returning to the office I broke the plastic of RJ44 door, so I have order a new one and substituted my self. It stays just next to AC adapter. There's the before and after pics:
RJ45_Before.jpg
RJ45_After.jpg

Reaction score
This noise is really annoying

Attachments

• 2020_11_10_14_26_49_HP Envy Notification Noise.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 156

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If I didn't know any better, I swear it sounds like a creaky door opening or closing. That's not a normal speaker crackle sound. I can see how that would be annoying over time.

Yeah....I'm of ideas as well.

Reaction score
Arrived at home and went to Youtube to see Apple - One moer thing event. Laptop on battery and that horrible noise.
I didn't ear that before on battery!

Attachments

• 2020_11_10_18_54_56_HP Envy_Apple One more thing_Youtube.zip
    239.7 KB · Views: 149

Ask a Question