Preview Build 18995

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18995 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-18995/#8x1SjZodJok0xXik.97

Capture.PNG

As always read through the "Known Issues".
Personally I consider this one a particularly large P.I.T.A
After successfully updating to a new build, the Windows Update Settings page may show the same build needs to install. You can verify the build was successfully installed by checking the build number in the corner of the screen or going to Win+R, typing winver, and confirming the build number. We have identified the cause of this issue, and we’re working on a fix for a future flight.
Probably because it's happening to my install..... it's personal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do they ever get their builds straight?? should it not be 2003 (20H1)instead of 1903 (19H1)??

Regedit32

Reaction score
Anyone else successfully install this, only for Windows Update Service thinking you still needed to download it?

Eventually it worked out I all ready had it - lol

I note they are allowing you right-click and uninstall various items under Windows Accessories now [ including Paint ].

Regedit32

Reaction score
Anyone else find they needed to update control set drivers after installing this insider build?

I've installed two. No issues to report. Download and installation of drivers was smooth.

Reaction score
Two installs here no major issues, even corrected a couple of issues, (1) the Wifi drivers and ethernet drivers proper. (2) I did have to reinstall printer and scanner drivers... Nothing Major at all. and both are Custom Builds. Ryzen

Reaction score
spoke to soon, errors starting to show, new updated and failures reported all over.... gads another CF
&
Windows 10 1809 v2 October is out

Regedit32

Reaction score
updated and failures reported

I noted the same issue.

After opening the optional updates and selecting the two control set updates to install, the issue resolved itself and other updates such as security updates started to install correctly.

Reaction score
nice move, my issue is MS says i have no Internet connection, there for I need to fix first
1570230071928.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
my issue is MS says i have no Internet connection, there for I need to fix first

That's happened to me before.

In my case somehow my credentials were lost so re-entering my network password and selecting my wi-fi connection sorted it.

Ask a Question