SOLVED Printing From E Mail

Reaction score
I am not getting the print icon when I try to print an e mail - have tried altering resolution but system won't allow to change from default resolution - printing OK from excel word etc so nothing wrong with printer and it is set as default

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
have tried altering resolution but system won't allow to change from default resolution
Can we assume that you are talking about, within the Windows 10 "Mail" app?
Can we also assume that you get the print dialog box?
And can we assume that your default printer is pre-selected as the printer that the "Mail" app is choosing?
Have you tried grabbing an edge or corner of the print dialog box and attempted to resize the window?

Reaction score
Yep worked it out - the "print" and cancel" buttons within the print dialog box were not showing - I can only assume the task bar and bottom of screen was hiding these buttons - somehow I managed to move the task bar from bottom to side of screen (no idea how I did this but it suddenly moved when I was trying to resize the print dialogue screen by grabbing edge as you suggested) and then when I re-sized the task bar (now at side of screen) suddenly the "print" and "cancel" buttons came in view but only just - I managed to print . I had another go and had to resize the task bar at side again before the "print" button appeared. As you will guess I am not computer literate and thank you so much for your response - have you anything else you can tell me - i.e.. what must I have done to move the task bar because I have no idea.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically, moving the taskbar to any edge of the screen (top, bottom, either side) is as simple as grabbing it in a blank empty area free of icons with your mouse with a left click and hold and then moving the mouse to a different edge of the screen and releasing.
Sometimes you may have to right click and clear the check in the "Lock the taskbar" option in the right click context menu first.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anything else..... you know where to find us.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question