SOLVED Private browsing

Reaction score
I always use firefox browser and click on private browsing which never allows cookies to be set somehow..the question
is, I was looking for an answer on onedrive and clicked on compuTara for the answer. Now when I look in the data section
to clear any cache, I find that this website has managed to get through firfox's privacy and set cookies. I'm baffled as to why
it could do this as no other website does it.

Reaction score
I know that bit, but what I'm saying is..somehow firefox doesn't allow cookies to be set, no matter what site
you go on in private browsing, it just records your cache and cookies are kept to one side or did..but this is only time
that this has happened when visiting a site. The only thing I can thing of is the firefox update changed something or the
website has managed to bypass their cookie system. Thanks for answering though.

But saying this, it only happens on my Lenovo laptop. It's as if the windows 10 system is different and so are the browser's, it feels like it's in a tablet form in some way, even though I've checked and it say's it isn't?.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know that bit, but what I'm saying is..somehow firefox doesn't allow cookies to be set, no matter what site
you go on in private browsing, it just records your cache and cookies are kept to one side or did..but this is only time
that this has happened when visiting a site. The only thing I can thing of is the firefox update changed something or the
website has managed to bypass their cookie system. Thanks for answering though.

But saying this, it only happens on my Lenovo laptop. It's as if the windows 10 system is different and so are the browser's, it feels like it's in a tablet form in some way, even though I've checked and it say's it isn't?.
Just checked and it is switching to tablet mode automatically, the last windows update must have altered it..Seems to be behaving like my desktop now, with no cookies setting in firefox.

Reaction score
Just checked and it is switching to tablet mode automatically, the last windows update must have altered it..Seems to be behaving like my desktop now, with no cookies setting in firefox.
Oh that's interesting, I wasn't aware it did that. Noted, thanks! :)

Ask a Question