Problem with time in taskbar after "Fall Update"

Reaction score
Yesterday 22 September windows updated (I believe it is called the fall update). There is a problem with the time displaying in the task-bar. The time is blacked out, but when I hover the cursor over that spot where the time is located in the taskbar, the time shows up in a pop-up just above where the cursor is located. Is this now normal? I've looked all over for a fix and haven't found anyone else with this problem.
I had this same problem, and I think I just figured it out. Go to Control Panel \ Appearance and Personalization \ Change Theme
Notice that your current theme is highlighted in the top pane under "My Themes". It probably is called "Unsaved Theme". Now look at the the middle pane - "Windows Default Themes". Select "Windows 10". That solved the problem for me. I think when the Windows 10 update happened, it somehow didn't set it to the Windows 10 default theme, but instead made it some custom theme (which I wasn't trying to do). I hope this solves your problem as it did mine.

Reaction score
Yesterday 22 September windows updated (I believe it is called the fall update). There is a problem with the time displaying in the task-bar. The time is blacked out, but when I hover the cursor over that spot where the time is located in the taskbar, the time shows up in a pop-up just above where the cursor is located. Is this now normal? I've looked all over for a fix and haven't found anyone else with this problem.

Reaction score

try this:

just run your task manager (ctrl+alt+del - task manager) find explorer (Windows Explorer) click on it and hit del button or right click and end the process. After that your bottom bar should disappear. Hit ctrl+alt+del again in right bottom corner of the screen choose the power button and restart your computer this should fix it.

Ask a Question