Problems clicking taskbar, clicking tabs in chrome and sometimes in general

Reaction score
As stated in the title; my mouse is being a complete twonk (since three weeks or so)
I have trouble clicking the taskbar, it won't do anything. When in Chrome, clicking tabs make them dissapear. And sometimes I cannot click at all. Also my mouse clicks at random, or it activates the scroll lock.

My easy fix (that works for about 10 seconds to a minute) is Ctrl + Alt + Del. and then Esc.

I've tried various solutions like going in Powershell and pasting Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} and others. Getting desperate. Please help.

Reaction score
Wireless Mouse? If so Logitech Unifying or Microsoft or Logitech Bluetooth?

Wired? via USB or PS2.

Reaction score
I'm geting desperate, I need to work on this computer because finals are coming up. But I cannot ge anything done like this. I'm on the verge of putting it back to factory settings and hoping that works..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Clean boot your computer using the steps outlined here for Windows 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Easily done, easily undone.
Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

IF that doesn't provide any relief, then you need to get with the computer manufacturer's support website and check what they have in the way of driver updates to support Windows 10 for your system.
Pay particular attention to BIOS, Chipset, and Storage Controllers but don't neglect Video, Sound, Touchpad and especially anything USB related (NEC, Renesas, etc.).

IF you include some details regarding your specific computer....
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete model number), etc., perhaps someone with the same or similar computer might have some helpful information.

Ask a Question