Problem with Wireless Adapter or Access Point (Very detail)

Reaction score
-Objective:
Let my laptop has a stable connection with my home wifi without any external device assisted.

-Details:
Device: Acer Aspire V5 573PG
Wifi chip: Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter
Ethernet chip: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

-Situation:
All mobile devices (IPod touch 4 gen, IPad mini 2, a few one year old android phones and tablets) can connect to Wifi.
The laptop is able to connect public wifi and tethering (coffee shop free wifi, government free wifi, daily timed free wifi by network company, Android portable hotspot. Android USB tethering etc.), but not my home Wifi.

-Problem:
Laptop succeeds to connect to Wifi, the internet speed is either limited internet or no internet.
Laptop always fails to connect to Wifi
Laptop fails to use cable to access internet through my home wifi router (Ethernet).
Run "Troubleshoots Problem", it says problem with Wireless Adapter or Access Point.

-Succeeded Attempt:
Use Portable Wifi USB Adapter
Use my phone to connect to my home wifi and do Android USB tethering to share internet with my laptop.

-Failed Attempt::
restart wifi
change cable(Ethernet)
netsh wlan show wlanreport
ipconfig
Roll back the network adapter driver
update the network adapter driver
downgrade the network adapter driver
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter
Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter
Temporarily turn off firewalls
Temporarily turn off any antivirus or malware-prevention software
Uninstal/disable the network adapter driver and restart
Uninstal/disable Wifi mini port
unchecked Internet TCP/IPv4 from WLAN Properties
unchecked Internet TCP/IPv6 from WLAN Properties
Set up default gateways with my ip address
Not using Bit Defender Internet Security
Not using Mac Free
Change Wifi brand to 2.4Ghz
Change Roaming Policy to "Very High" or "Normal"
sfc /scannow, result: cbs.log error, that's all

Please help my laptop connect to my home wifi again

Reaction score
Check control panel "Network Sharing Centre" select Change adapter settings and make sure the wireless network connection is selected. I would also check your Home Network Settings it appears you may be selected for Public networks?

Reaction score
I checked it just now, the Wi-fi has always been selected as private network.
Thank you for your reply, but I guess that is not the problem.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Check with Acer driver/support webpage to make sure you have the latest wifi driver installed. Next, unplug modem router from power outlet, not the back of modem/router, for 5 complete minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on and see if connection is made. If not, then manually factory reset the modem/router by finding the hole on back of unit and using a paper clip (straighten out), insert paper clip into hole and push/hold reset button until modem router turns on and off. Let it boot up and check wifi connection of Acer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The laptop is able to connect public wifi and tethering (coffee shop free wifi, government free wifi, daily timed free wifi by network company, Android portable hotspot. Android USB tethering etc.), but not my home Wifi.
Laptop fails to use cable to access internet through my home wifi router (Ethernet).
So.... your laptop wifi works everywhere except your home
AND
Your laptop will not even connect via Ethernet to your home network.
AND
Perhaps even more interesting your laptop will connect to your home network if....
You use a separate USB wifi dongle or if you use your phone as a wifi hotspot at home and connect your laptop to the phone's network.
AND
Apparently no other wifi capable device in your house has any problem with your home network.

So..... I don't even know where to start.
First things first, can you tell us which version of Windows 10 you are using.
Click the Start Button, click the setting icon, click the system icon and then in the left column select the "About" link
Looking for something like this

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
So.... your laptop wifi works everywhere except your home
AND
Your laptop will not even connect via Ethernet to your home network.
AND
Perhaps even more interesting your laptop will connect to your home network if....
You use a separate USB wifi dongle or if you use your phone as a wifi hotspot at home and connect your laptop to the phone's network.
AND
Apparently no other wifi capable device in your house has any problem with your home network.

So..... I don't even know where to start.
First things first, can you tell us which version of Windows 10 you are using.
Click the Start Button, click the setting icon, click the system icon and then in the left column select the "About" link
Looking for something like this

View attachment 3799

Recently I just updated my computer OS to Windows 10 1607(exactly as same as your picture), as I was prompted to do Windows repair upgrade. But in the end it just didn't fix it...

Ask a Question