Problems with Print spooler

Reaction score
I have a problem and nothing I have seen on this forum or elsewhere on the internet seems to help. Maybe someone has an updated answer.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 with an HP network printer. For the past several months, I've had to deal with the fact that I can't print pdf documents without first restarting the print spooler - every single time I print a document. That is, I print, then restart the spooler, print, then restart the spooler, etc. (Prior to the last several months, I had no problem - and I have no idea what changed.) More recently, even restarting it hasn't worked. I have to send the pdf documents to my office to print in the morning.

The printer driver's up to date. I thought maybe it was a corrupted spooler, but I ran sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. When I run the microsoft printer troubleshooter, it reports no problems. When I run the HP troubleshooter, it finds no problems. Anyone out there have any idea what might be going on?

Reaction score
Thank you. I have problems printing either from Adobe Reader or Nuance Paperport - doesn't matter which I use. I tried this diagnostic tool already, and it said I didn't have a problem!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK what might be hanging your spooler and causing this problem.
Are you using the latest version of Paperport?
Is your default printer directly connected to the computer via USB or is it networked (Cat5 or Wireless) or is it shared.
I've heard of problem in the case of a networked shared printer, where if the Date and or Time varied to far between the machine hosting the machine and the client sending jobs to the machine it could impact the spooler behavior.

Ask a Question