Problems with Windows 10: can anyone provide solution help?

Reaction score
(1)Every time I try to delete a screen with the top-right "X", I get a new box that asks me: "Are you sure you want your browser to delete all tabs on this page?" How do I get rid of this annoying item?

(2)Under my list of "DEVICES", my one printer is listed 5 times. Cannot delete the extra 4 lines. How do I do this?

(3)Under PROGRAMS, I have a program for an old printer that I have spent 3 hours trying to uninstall. Ho do I do this?
No other items from this printer remain, but I don't want an old program name in my program list.

(4)Microsoft wanted $199 to cure the above. I told them to go to hell.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you sure you want your browser to delete all tabs on this page?" How do I get rid of this annoying item?
Most browsers, when they evoke that prompt also include a check box referencing something like "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" simply uncheck that box before you dismiss the prompt by click the affirmative response button. Failing that, again, most browser will also provide a similar option within browser settings regarding tabs "warn me when closing multiple tabs.
Under my list of "DEVICES", my one printer is listed 5 times. Cannot delete the extra 4 lines. How do I do this?
Look in "Device Manager" how many times is your printer listed there?
What is the printer? Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number (complete number)
Under PROGRAMS, I have a program for an old printer that I have spent 3 hours trying to uninstall. Ho do I do this?
No other items from this printer remain, but I don't want an old program name in my program list.
If by "Programs" you mean the Start Menu (all apps) then simply right click it and choose Uninstall or right click it and choose Remove From.....
If there are remnants of the program then you may want to use the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel to finish uninstalling it or perhaps something like Revo Uninstaller might help.

Reaction score
"Go to Hell" ? You were being too nice. Actually, they should have referred you to this forum which is worth far more than $199. Besides, they would not have resolved your problems.

Ask a Question