Programs close when battery dies

Reaction score
This never used to happen before the update, but now when ever my laptop runs out of battery all my programs are closed when i reboot. It's incredibly frustrating as i usually fall asleep using my laptop and when i wake up all my progress is gone. Can anyone help please.

Reaction score
This is probably the course of action that MS wants to take when a battery dies on a notebook or laptop. If I shutdown Windows with open programs, they will be closed on reboot as well. Try to keep your battery charged.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds suspiciously like you've disabled hibernate on your laptop.
You might try turning it back on and see if that helps.
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin), in the command prompt window type
powercfg -h on
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
reboot.
WARNING: This will result in a rather large file being placed on your system drive (hiberfil.sys) please make sure that you have sufficient space to support it. Additionally you may want to examine other relevant settings in your advance power plan options and make sure they are set properly.
You can use
powercfg -energy (from another elevated command prompt)
To generate a report to further examine any issues regarding your power scheme settings.

Ask a Question