SOLVED Questions About Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital

Reaction score
I just purchased a movie and it came with 2 disc which I thought was part 1 and 2. Even though they are not marked as such. So I placed one of the disc in my tv player and watch the movie all the way through. I noticed that I had difficulty understanding many of the words spoken. After the end of the movie, I decided to see what was on the other disc. After a few minutes of listening, I realized I could understand the spoken words better then the first disc. So I thought there has to be something different about these disc. I had to get my magnifying glass to read the fine print on both. Now the first disc I watched had the words "Dolby Atmos" written on it and the second disc had the words "Dolby Audio" written on it. The english spoken on the second disc was more understandable then the first. So my question is: what is "Dolby Atmos" and what is it used for?
The movie also came with an option to download it to my computer which I do not think I will take advantage of it because I do not intend to watch it on a computer or any other device.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
From what I can glean from it, Atmos is for headset/ear buds for mobile devices. The "Audio" is for home theater use/setups. The digital version is a nice option for those who use their PC's with a "Home Theater" setup....called HTPC.

Reaction score
Just an FYI for reference. The Digital Download code can be used to activate the movie for watching from a Smart TV or other device through whatever service you use. Movies Anywhere is a good option as it keeps your downloads/digital purchases from several services in one place if you link the services. Since I got a Smart TV I find I rarely watch movies from the physical disc anymore as it's so easy to just use the digital download and the quality seems to be just fine

Reaction score
The digital copy of a purchased movie is basically like a streaming service, however you own the movie and do not have to rent or buy it.
As kbennett65 mentioned, 'movies anywhere' is where I have all my digital copies (transferred from Sony pictures, paramount movies, and other services that have closed the doors). That way I can stream my movies anywhere (hence the name) and do not have to carry the DVD's around, provided I get a good internet connection.

Ask a Question