Questions about MS One Note as well as Office 2013

Reaction score
Hi. I have just upgraded my Lenovo Yoga to Windows 10 and in the process of going over all the stuff I have on my computer, I found that the Setting>Storage area tells me that MS OneNote comes in at 918 Mb. I rarely used OneNote (I'm a big DropBox user) but can anybody suggest why OneNote would appear to be this HUGE? There is hardly anything stored in it. As for the Office 2013 issue, I seem to have had one or two versions installed at once (don't know how that happened) and I would like to uninstall the whole thing and re-install it from scratch. Is there anything I ought to be aware of when doing this? Will I use the same Product ID and Key that I used originally? thanks for any suggestions anybody may offer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I rarely used OneNote (I'm a big DropBox user)
Can't help but notice that you seem to be comparing OneNote to Dropbox.
One is an application and the other is a cloud based storage application / utility.
Are you perhaps meaning to ask about OneDrive and not OneNote?
As far as uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Office Suite. There is nothing special about it that I can think of. I've done it multiple times. As long as you have the proper Product Key, you should be good to go.

Reaction score
I have been using oneDrive ever since i upgraded to W10.
I find its good as an extra storage and when i am out taking photos with my mobile when i get home all my PCs have the latest photos ready installed.
I have documents and photos set to go into OneDrive so if i get a PC problem i can still access them.
For some reason i get 30gb of free storage which is not bad for nought.;)

Reaction score
Can't help but notice that you seem to be comparing OneNote to Dropbox.
One is an application and the other is a cloud based storage application / utility.
Are you perhaps meaning to ask about OneDrive and not OneNote?
As far as uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Office Suite. There is nothing special about it that I can think of. I've done it multiple times. As long as you have the proper Product Key, you should be good to go.

My apologies. New Year's Day and my typing fingers were working faster than my brain. Yes, in fact, it is One Note that is so huge (not OneDrive) and I have no idea why. On the Office issue, if I uninstall the existing Office, I am assuming I will lose all my data, correct? Thanks again.

Reaction score
I had to do some research on OneNote also to see what you might mean about the size.

But OneNote is described as a Digital Notebook where you can keep all sorts of things. Some of those things might be web pages which contain graphics. Since I don't use OneNote I cannot check the size online of my data. Can we assume the size you are referring to is on OneDrive or does it show on your system.

Do you share/sync any data with others from OneNote?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am assuming I will lose all my data, correct?
Nope.... or at least you shouldn't, it's never happened to me.
Everything you've created with any of the office suite components should remain in your documents folder or wherever you saved them.
It's never a bad idea to have backups of course, but uninstalling the office suite and reinstalling it, should not result in any data loss.

Ask a Question