quick question about login

Reaction score
So my older win 7 pro laptops have upgraded to win 10
these computers existed long before the Microsoft account login that came with win 8
Hence after the upgrade it is still using the older User name login/password.

IF I change under All Settings - Accounts - select sign in with Microsoft account -- will that
affect access to my already loaded software that was installed under a user account???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF I change under All Settings - Accounts - select sign in with Microsoft account -- will that
affect access to my already loaded software that was installed under a user account???
The short answer to that question is ....
No, it will not, or at least should not have any impact what so ever on installed programs and your access to them.
HOWEVER.....
I suspect that everyone is a bit gun-shy when answering this type of question, what with all the horror stories about people not being able to login at all with their "Microsoft Account"

Personally I've done it a couple of times with no ill effects, but.....
There is no way that I would guarantee that your experience would be without problems.
I would double and triple check my Microsoft Live Login and confirm that it worked flawlessly on the web in a live environment and then.....
If I were still nervous about the transition I would make a full Disk Image, to recover to in the event of something unforeseen happening.

Reaction score
thnx for the input - I have several laptops and have logged in with the email account several times on other machines ..just a little worried about that change on these 2 laptops in question .. I am maxed out on my drives available for clones and system images .. so maybe I overwrite the images .. but I can wait a bit yet

Ask a Question