SOLVED Recent 8-9-17 Win 10 Update(s) added +55Gb to my C Disc size ?. Appreciate any info.

Reaction score
I recently( on 8-7-17) downloaded/installed the new Win 10 Creators Update (Ver 1703), and after 2 days of fixing a "lost Printer" and MS Office 2013 "fail to stay open" issues it was now running well again. But after receiving 5 new Windows Updates yesterday (8-9-17), I noticed when running a 'properties' on my C disc that it had increased in size from 64 Gb (after the Creators Update installation) to now 121Gb (ie. a +57Gb, almost double !). I have no idea why or in what area this might have occurred, and would appreciate any info or suggestions anyone might have on this. The (2) seemingly 'windows-system-related' KB no's in this 8-9-17 Update were KB4022405 and KB4034674,
Thank you
Dan in NJ

Reaction score
Hi Dan,

normally the updates might be as large as 2GB in size, I cannot answer as to why you have such large disk usage unless you have a lot of restore points?. o_O

Reaction score
Hi Dan,

normally the updates might be as large as 2GB in size, I cannot answer as to why you have such large disk usage unless you have a lot of restore points?. o_O
The Creator's Update is about a 4GB download.
System Restore is probably turned on.
The OP didn't say what part of "C" increased in size, i.e. used space, free space, or capacity.

Ask a Question