SOLVED Reconnect Your Drive

Reaction score
I keep getting that message alert from "Security and Management" about once a month or more often. It continues and says "Your file history drive was disconnected for too long. Reconnect it and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files".

I have no idea what the system is talking about. Is there some setting I need to change? I don't know what drive they want me to connect. Hoped I'd find some answers from this group. Thanks.

Larry

Reaction score
Look in Settings - Update and security - Backup and there is the File history stuff. File History works but can use a lot of space.

Reaction score
To get that message, you must have configured your backups, at some stage, even a previous window ( 7 ?) to an external. Or, it could be needing, merely, a refresh.
If you click the notice, it would normally take you to another windows, where you will be offred the option to recreate another backup.

Reaction score
I hadn't visited that part of the control panel before, but I made some changes to see if the system is happy with my settings now. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.
Larry

Ask a Question