Recovery Disk

Reaction score
thought I'd better do the "recovery" thing, so used a 14.8GB flash drive, recommended at least 8GB. When completed, used space is only 3.11GB. Something is not right I suspect. Attached is a snapshot of the contents. Would someone help me out please? OhOh, can't upload the file, message -- The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension. -- on the desktop it's a jpg file, ???

Reaction score
If you don't have OEM images to place on the Recovery Drive, all you will show is the Recovery Tools and an image needed to recover the Basic Windows 10 system.... I don't believe, if you do a full reset that your personal data will be replaced, just make sure and read the options carefully.

Reaction score
this from a MS site

"If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10 using a USB or DVD, you can use the media creation tool below to create your own installation media with either a USB flash drive or a DVD. The tool provides file formats optimized for download speed and can be used to create ISO files."

I really don't know what all that means

All i wanted to do/have is a way to recover ( get me out of trouble) if needs be. Right now I don't have any problems. W10 is smooth as

Reaction score
Ok what it means is Google Microsoft Media creation tool. That will allow to download the ISO used to install windows 10 (clean install). Once you have the ISO downloaded you can use the file to create Windows 10 boot/install DVD or Flash drive. Once you have that you just set your boot order in BIOS to boot with either the DVD or Flash drive and WIndows 10 will begin to install. Google it if you need detailed instructions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
All i wanted to do/have is a way to recover ( get me out of trouble) if needs be.
Depending on what the nature of the "trouble" might be the only thing that might be considered reasonably reliable in the event of something catastrophic requiring a bare metal restore would be creating and maintaining a reasonably current Disk Image.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/
AND even that should not be considered 100% bullet proof. I'm sure many would suggest maintaining multiple, known good, disk images.

Reaction score
this from a MS site

"If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10 using a USB or DVD, you can use the media creation tool below to create your own installation media with either a USB flash drive or a DVD. The tool provides file formats optimized for download speed and can be used to create ISO files."

I really don't know what all that means

All i wanted to do/have is a way to recover ( get me out of trouble) if needs be. Right now I don't have any problems. W10 is smooth as

Mauylen

MS created the way to create the clean install disk specifically for that. To get you back to square with windows 10.

Reaction score
this is what I've got as backup, on disk and usb drive

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    665.1 KB · Views: 776

Ask a Question