Recovery not working

Reaction score
I went to the systems recovery program on my dell laptop to check on recovery points and discovered that it's not working at all. I followed detail instructions on how to turn it on but was unable to make anything work. Any ideas to get it to work? Oh, this is after I changed over to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Thank you

Reaction score
I think you have Recovery and System Restore mixed up.
Recovery does not have "recovery" points to speak of.
ONLY system restore has restore points to choose from.
However, if you just freshly upgraded to Windows 10 and have not manually created any restore points, and no updates have been installed, then you won't get any restore points.
Also, if the System Protection has not been turned on, then there won't be any restore points either.

Why don't you describe to us what problem you are having and perhaps one of us can help you.

Reaction score
I think you have Recovery and System Restore mixed up.
Recovery does not have "recovery" points to speak of.
ONLY system restore has restore points to choose from.
However, if you just freshly upgraded to Windows 10 and have not manually created any restore points, and no updates have been installed, then you won't get any restore points.
Also, if the System Protection has not been turned on, then there won't be any restore points either.

Why don't you describe to us what problem you are having and perhaps one of us can help you.
Thank you for your time but I finally figured it out and have protection turned on and created a restore point. I have one more problem with Windows 10 and that is when I highlight an area and right click to print a selection, it does not work anymore. I ran a sfc /verifyonly scan and my laptop is perfect. I do not even get the menu to print, etc. What can I do to get this feature to work?

Ask a Question