RECOVERY Your PC/Device Needs To Be Repaired

Reaction score
Hi, this has me stumped, rang Toshiba support who deflected me to Microsoft support who said that they do not support Win 10 because it is in beta stage, My problem is that I have two laptops that I loaded Win 10 onto, The Acer loaded perfectly and so I thought the Toshiba, both previously had win 7 ultimate and were working flawlessly. The Toshiba on reboot shows the blue screen with Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired Error code 0x0000034. I thought it may be the hard drive but now I am thinking the Bios can't see the CD/DVD drive as I have created a Win 10 repair disk and the laptop does not see it or Win 7 when I tried to go back to it as the original OS. When I started to look for an answer on the internet I was surprised at how many similar recovery errors people were having and now I am not so sure that it is a hardware fault, I have the Bios set at CD/DVD to boot first but the blue screen reappears after every reboot, is there something I am missing in the Bios setup or a Win 10 bug, I am sure the DVD is spinning and working OK, just don't know why the DVDs are not being seen. If anyone has some input it would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I had this with one of the builds (don't know what caused it) and simply reinstalled for a fix.
Thanks for the info, that could be the problem because I am using two different ISO downloads and one of the DVDs is fine and not sure if the other disk is the culprit, I will check and get back to you. What worries me is that I received the error when I tried to re-install win 7

Ask a Question