Remote Desktop Question

Reaction score
Hi:

I have a problem when connecting remotely to other machine using Remote Connection. Even if I choose Full Screen in the Display Configuration setup, the icons in the remote desktop are miniature. I almost need a magnifier to work in that mode. Any thoughts please? This is not happening in Windows 7 Remote Desktop.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would assume that what you're seeing is at least in part dictated by the screen resolution being used on the remote computer you are connecting to remotely and whether or not he or she has chosen to use small icons on the desktop and the taskbar which are both options.
Perhaps try having the user adjust those settings and see if what you see (remotely) is impacted.

Reaction score
I would assume that what you're seeing is at least in part dictated by the screen resolution being used on the remote computer you are connecting to remotely and whether or not he or she has chosen to use small icons on the desktop and the taskbar which are both options.
Perhaps try having the user adjust those settings and see if what you see (remotely) is impacted.

Actually that is not the issue. That does not happen to me when I connect from a Windows 7 laptop. And this is happening to any Remote Desktop I try to connect :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry that wasn't helpful.
I'm somewhat limited in resources as to what I have available to attempt to duplicate your issue. I only have Windows 10 machines to connect from and connect to, but.....
In every instance I do not have that issue and the desktop is replicated faithfully as configured locally.

I assume you are using mstsc (Microsoft Terminal Server Client) as your remote desktop application?
Have you tried experimenting with something like TeamViewer https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx as a test environment to see if the problem persists?

Reaction score
Teamviewer works fine. Problem is that to connect to my vendor's server I need Remote Desktop. I am part of a pilot group at my company evaluating Windows 10. All fine until now except for this. But I spend a lot of time developing in Toad using my third party Remote Desktop.

Ask a Question