Remove administrator from windows explorer

Reaction score
Somehow, as an administrator, I put administrator privileges on Windows Explorer. Now I cannot figure out how to remove that option. Please advise.

Reaction score
The first User established during the install of Windows is has Administrator rights and should not be removed. A Standard user can't make many changes.

There is a hidden Administrator that can be activated and deactivated. Here is the code I use:

NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES

NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:NO

Don't know if all caps is necessary or maybe just the way I wrote in my records. Probably will need to log off of the one in User accounts after that. And reboot to log into you one you need. It's hard to see but there is a space before the forward slash /.

Reaction score
The first User established during the install of Windows is has Administrator rights and should not be removed. A Standard user can't make many changes.

There is a hidden Administrator that can be activated and deactivated. Here is the code I use:

NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES

NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:NO

Don't know if all caps is necessary or maybe just the way I wrote in my records. Probably will need to log off of the one in User accounts after that. And reboot to log into you one you need. It's hard to see but there is a space before the forward slash /.
Bighorn, are the Net User commands in DOS or Win commands? If Windows How do I execute it? I am the 1st user and do have Admin rights. I'm so confused. I do appreciate your 'sticking' with me though.

Reaction score
Bighorn, are the Net User commands in DOS or Win commands? If Windows How do I execute it? I am the 1st user and do have Admin rights. I'm so confused. I do appreciate your 'sticking' with me though.
I've always used the commands in a Command Prompt window Run as Administrator, it may also work in PowerShell.

Ask a Question