Resetting Computer not Working

Reaction score
Due to a corrupted hard drive, I am being forced to do a clean install of Windows 7. Since I had already ungraded to windows 10, then of course that was impossible to do unless I reset my computer. So I went through the process and started the program that would wipe the hard drive clean. I understood, when the program stated that this would take several hours, but for the last 3 hrs it has been sitting at 31%. I can't tell if anything is happening and I'm afraid to shut the system down, because I'm not sure it will boot up again. Need some helpful advice on this matter, please.

Reaction score
I'm not misinformed, since I got the info from the error message that I got when I tried to do a fresh install of Windows7 with the disc that came with the system and also with another copy of Windows 7 that I bought when I built my system. But that is not the problem I am having. The problem I'm having is that the program to wipe the hard drive clean seems to have frozen. I'm afraid to shut the system down, but seeing how it's midnight now and I want to go to bed, I will and hopefully, someone will read my post tomorrow and glean from it what I'm really asking about and offer me some sound advice.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Due to a corrupted hard drive
Strike One
The problem I'm having is that the program to wipe the hard drive clean seems to have frozen
Strike Two

Have you considered that there may actually be an issue with the hard drive you are using?
What "program" are you using to "wipe the hard drive clean"?
The DiskPart "clean" command will usually do that in a matter of seconds.

Ask a Question