SOLVED Resetting Windows 10

Reaction score
Oh yes! Perchance one has a laptop with Windows 8 on it but has upgraded to Windows 10. Will resetting it completely, bring it back to Windows 8 or will it remain as Windows 10.

Reaction score
Ok, since answers are rolling in fast and furious. The Link provided still does not give me the info I'm after. Once again please. Suppose I have a laptop with Windows 8 on it and now have upgraded to Windows 10. When I reset it, is it going to give me the option of going back to Windows 8 or remaining with Windows 10?

Regedit32

Reaction score
The choice you get is to save files or lose them for ever.

In both cases the Reset is designed to reinstall Windows 10.

Note: Some people claim they have ended up with an earlier installation of Windows instead (i.e. Windows 7, 8 or 8.1). That is not supposed to happen, but there used to be a roll back feature for this purpose. At this point you'd need to use a Recovery Disk (either via recovery partition, or DVD) to roll back to an earlier Windows edition, if that is your intention.

The information about recovery is on the website I all ready posted yesterday.

Reaction score
Ok, so I understand it will automatically stay with Windows 10. This is the reply I'm after. You must have sent your latest reply just as I edited my last posting. Thank you so much for your help.

Ask a Question