Restoring from back up.

Reaction score
My windows 10 recently crashed and I had to factory reset losing all my data. It was backed up but the restored windows excel wont allow me to read it as I need to download permission. The following is the message I get when I open excell worksheet:
"Permission for this workbook is currently restricted. If you are not running Microsoft Office 2003 or an application that supports workbooks with restricted permission, you can read this workbook by downloading the Rights Management Add-on for Internet Explorer."
I am not really computer savvy and am wondering if someone can please help me restore the excel as I use it all the time. Thank you

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to reinstall Excel or Office how ever you had it set up. Generally a repair install get it going again. Simple put the install disk in your dvd player the install window should open and you would select repair. Something like that it been awhile since I've had to do this. You'll need the product key most likely, it should be in the DVD container somewhere.

Ask a Question