SOLVED Restoring from external hard drive

Reaction score
Cannot remember how to do this, having a Senior's moment!!

My Tower has died (gone to Heaven). I bought a new Tower today and tried to restore the information from the backup that I had done a month ago, but couldn't remember how!

I opened the drive and attached is what was on it........help please. What do I do?

Attachments

• External Hard drive.PNG
    External Hard drive.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 500

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That looks like you may have a backup of the wrong partition.
Doesn't look to contain anything that actually would be helpful to restore.
Hopefully the computer that died still has a hard disk that functions from which you can retrieve your critical data, by removing and then attaching that drive to your new computer to copy and paste the contents of your profile folder.
OR
You have another backup somewhere that contains a backup of your C: drive.

Reaction score
How can I remove the hard disk and connect it to my new computer.

Reaction score
With one of these or something very similar
https://www.amazon.com/iDsonix-U310...id=1508597636&sr=8-10&keywords=usb+3+hdd+dock
And either someone to help who has the requisite mechanical skills or if you're brave a YouTube video similar to this
But ideally for your specific computer
Many thanks for that Trouble. Have taken the easy way out and given it to my grandson. He will see if he can recover the email folders and photos for me. I had increased the ram from 4G to 8G only a few months ago so he will see what else he can salvage for himself.

Ask a Question