Rollback

Reaction score
i do not have all my documents and pictures in windows10. I want to rollback get all my data and then reinstall Windows10. Can I do this?

Reaction score
If you have not done anything to delete the Windows.old folder, yes, you can "Go back to" your previous build or operating system.

left click at Start > left side, click Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, there should be an option of " Go back to........... "

Reaction score
Then I can reinstall window 10? I just want to get all my data back. Otherwise I think I really like 10!!!

Reaction score
Yes.
You did not say how you upgraded to Win 10.
If you were back to Win 7 SP1 or Win 8.1 Update 1, you can wait for Windows Update to offer you the free upgrade again, or you can download the ISO file and do an in-place upgrade install.

Reaction score
I had 7. I used the free upgrade. I did get part of my documents and pictures but not all of them.

Reaction score
I don't know how important those missing files are to you.

If you can live without them, I would suggest you stay put. It's no fun installing operating system.

Note: that "Go back to" option is only good for 30 days, counting from the first day you upgraded to Win 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i do not have all my documents and pictures in windows10.
I just want to get all my data back.
I think that it is extremely rare that an upgrade would have failed to bring over all your data.
If you have some specific files or folders that you can search for, I would recommend performing a full search in the root of C:\ and any additional drives or partitions to see if they are there anywhere.
I often use this tool http://www.voidtools.com/ which is very good at finding missing files

Reaction score
I really feel that I need all of them. Why I got some and not all is a mystery. Thanks for your help!!!

Ask a Question