Runs out of memory

Reaction score
I have been using Paperport for over a decade now, and there has always been a certain problem which I hope is fixable: When edition an image file in Imageview, after I have made many changes, then try to undo the last changes it undoes a whole slew of past changes, so I have t do the work over. This can take a large amount of time. This is especially true when I have made changes under "enhance", such as changing contrast. I am thinking that Paperport must be running out of memory to hold all the changes, so just discards some. To avoid this problem, I have to exit Paperport completely, then re-enter it, after I have made some changes. Just saving the file does not appear to reliably fix the issue. I am wondering if Paperport could give me some warning shortly before running out of memory or use a bigger memory buffer so the problem does not arise. Anybody else run into the problem?

Reaction score
Are you using the latest version? 14.7 Have you contacted PaperPort or do they have an online forum?
I presume your PC has lots of memory?

I had not heard of this product before your post.

Reaction score
PaperPort was a good program and usually came with scanners and AIO printers. You might try setting Virtual Memory/paging file to 2 times the physical RAM. Earlier versions of Windows had a written recommendation in Help and Support of 2.5 times and I think Win7 had 1.5 times. Things like large spreadsheets, databases and video editing can be helped that way.

Ask a Question