SOLVED Safe Mode

Reaction score
I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was wondering if it has gone bad.

Reaction score
You know I have short-term memory loss so I can't remember exactly why LOL. I was trying to correct a problem and the advice I got from googling it was to disable services so instead of disabling them one by one I decided to just boot up in safe mode. I have had problems several times recently and had to use a clone to recover from them. I'm thinking the SSD is going bad and I'm about to just go ahead and buy a new one. When this happened I did a chkdsk /f and it reported the corrupt areas and fixed them. To regress I booted to the clone and was trying to search through the SSD windows directory and I couldn't access it. That's why I did the chkdsk and anyway even though I could access it after the chkdsk the SSD still would not boot so I ended up formatting it and cloning it again from the clone I booted to. Hope you can follow my terrible writing skills!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up, keeping us informed.
Much appreciated and very glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

Ask a Question