SOLVED Stuck in Safe Mode

Reaction score
I was trying to get into safe mode, so I could open Malwarebytes to put my ID and Key in.

Little history, I had just received the major update to Wind. 10 and it took out my Malwarebytes.

Seems like every time Microsoft update my computer leave it there way not the way I like it setup.

But here is what happened:

Here is what I did:

From the desktop, click on the Start button. Then, click on the search icon, enter msconfig, and press Enter to launch the System Configuration app.
Click on the Boot tab, and under Boot options, select the Safe Boot check box and select the Minimal option.
Click OK and you'll be prompted to Restart or Exit Without Restart. To enter Safe Mode, click Restart and Windows will reboot and enter Safe Mode automatically.

I selected the "BOOT" and clicked Restart, then it was all trouble after that..

Now I'm stuck in the Safe Mode page and can not sign in, because it will not accept my Admin. password. I am use to signing in using my 4 digit code..

I have tried the F12 and every thing in there is requiring a password, I tried the bios settings, again requires a password..

Is there any way of getting back out of this 'safe mode', or is there anyway of finding the Password in the files, I ask this because I have one more computer with wind. 10 and same Admin. name and password..

I have also tried using a Repair disc, nothing, I have used Casper 7 boot disc, nothing, I have tried using a full backup, nothing works..

Is there any thing I can do or is this computer frozen in time now?

Thanks.

Ron..;)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Binkie,

When signing-in to a Safe Mode Desktop you cannot use a pin.

You need to use your actual Microsoft Account password, i.e. the one you'd use to sign-in to Microsoft Store.

Ask a Question