Samsung 4-in-1 Scanner stops working

Reaction score
I have a Samsung M288X Series 4-in-1. The scanner stops communicating with the computer about 3 weeks ago. The printer still works when I sent print from computer. Tried reinstalling from CD several times still did not solve problem. Tried downloading the software from the internet and it seems to be not installing. Don't know if I buy a new 4-in-1 will solve the problem.
Need help!

Reaction score
Had a similar problem with an Epson XP-310. Copy function wouldn't work but everything else did. After repeated efforts with Installation CD and internet inquiries the simple price of replacement was the answer. Epson XP-440
$50.00.
Of course you'll have to make your own decision but sometimes the only answer is to bite the bullet and end the frustration.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Might be worth having a go with the trial version of
https://www.hamrick.com/download.html

As I understand it the trial version puts a watermark on scans until you purchase a license for $40 bucks.
I guess it depends on how attached you are to that device.
As Jim points out above, sometimes it's best to get something a bit more current and compatible

Reaction score
Had a similar problem with an Epson XP-310. Copy function wouldn't work but everything else did. After repeated efforts with Installation CD and internet inquiries the simple price of replacement was the answer. Epson XP-440
$50.00.
Of course you'll have to make your own decision but sometimes the only answer is to bite the bullet and end the frustration.
The 4-in-1 is about a couple of years. If it's the unit I have no issue replacing it. I'm just wondering if one of the window 10 updates has blocked the path.

Ask a Question