Save/edit File

Reaction score
Hi, I am using an irs website to prepare tax return forms in Windows 10.
On completion of filling the data in an IRS form and then attempting to save the forms, the data is removed from the forms.
How do I store the forms so I can save/edit it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi aa3648,

What Web browser are you using to access the IRS site?

If it is Chrome. when you next open Chrome type chrome://plugins in the address bar then press Enter.

On that page it takes you to, check the Chrome PDF Viewer to enable it.

Note: If you are using the latest version of Chrome, Version 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit) then note that Google deprecated the chrome://plugins though so you need to instead:
  • Click that three dot icon top right
  • Select Settings
  • Click on Show Advanced Settings
  • Under Privacy click Contents Settings
  • Then scroll down and select the PDF Viewer

Now you ought to be able to go to IRS and view and fill in the form and save it to your computer should you wish to.

In terms of editing the PDF form later, that may be subject to what IRS has done with file permissions. Assuming they allow editing, you ought to be able to do that in Adobe Acrobat or using other third party PDF editors like PDFedit995 which can be downloaded and used for free from http://pdf995.com

The free version has a nag screen as it opens that suggests buying it, but you can close that and it is fully functional and does not watermark your document with adds.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question