Scam Caution...

Reaction score
Hi

Today I have received two email messages one ostensibly from Amazon and one from Microsoft.
Both names you think you can trust, both were fake invoices for things I haven't purchased.

Both invoices are in the same format and are obviously from the same sender.
Both want me to contact them with my information.

I copied the first one and sent it to Amazon who has already replied acknowledging that it is bogus.
The one I received labeled to be from Microsoft was $349,00 to pay for Windows Defender for two years.

I was just wondering how widespread this is.
I hope people aren't really falling for these.

Mike

Reaction score
I get those amazon scams too, sometimes even from "Apple" (I do not have anything Apple related). Those emails usually go to my Junk/Spam folder automatically, although sometimes one slips through. Since I never have done what the sender claims, I do not pay them no mind and delete them right away.

Reaction score
I like to send them to the person they are pretending to be in hopes that someone will track them down though I know it's not likely.
I never click on them just make a screenshot and send it to Amazon or my bank or whoever they are spoofing.

I usually get a message back as I did from Amazon today.

Ask a Question