Don't be fooled by scamming email

Reaction score
I received an email with the following text.
Hello, I know your password is: ruu88897a

You got infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), while browsing the web where my iframe was placed, in the background you got redirected to my exploitpack, your browser wasn't patched so you got infected!

The malware gave me full control over your computer and access to all your accounts (see password above), it was also possible to turn your webcam on, you can Google about RAT's and their functionalities!

I collected all your private data and RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

After that I removed my malware, to not leave any traces.

I can send the video to all your contacts, over email, post on social network and everywhere else and publish all your private data everywhere, including the darknet, where the sick people are!

Only you can prevent me from doing this!

To stop me, transfer exactly 900$ in bitcoin (BTC).

If you don't know how to buy bitcoin, Google - "How to buy Bitcoin?"
Or buy bitcoin here: www.paxful.com or: www.coinbase.com

You can send direct to my wallet, or create your own wallet first here: www.login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ and then send to mine.

My bitcoin wallet is: <-- I'm not sharing their wallet -->

Copy and paste my wallet, it's (cAsE-sensetive)
After receiving the payment, I will delete all your data and you can life your live in peace like before.

I GIVE YOU 3 DAYS TIME!
Since I already have access to your account, I know if this email has been already read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure you read it and after payment you can ignore it.
Don't show this email to anyone, it will not help you but make everything worse, this should stay our little secret.
Next time update your browser and scan unknown files on: www.virustotal.com, take it as a lesson learned and move on.
To be clear. That is not my password. And it has been 6 years since I've had a webcam. Even if it was my password and I did have a webcam, I wouldn't play along. And neither should anyone else.

I'm sharing this. So if you see something similar. You will know it could be fake.

Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of those but they came in the E-Mail provided by my ISP, other E-Mail addresses I have are strictly Webmail/Online and haven't gotten any. They also mentioned my Web cam which I don't even have on Desktops and have blocked physically on my Notebooks [a stamp over the lens].

Reaction score
I have gotten that one too for a closed email account that I have not used in a decade. I dont even have a camera on my old laptop..
funny as hell....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Lot of that seems to be going round.
Access to Riviera City data has been locked since May 29, this year, when a Riviera Beach police department employee opened an email and unleashed ransomware on the city's network.
SOURCE: https://www.zdnet.com/article/florida-city-pays-600000-to-ransomware-gang-to-have-its-data-back/

Although I see that they have the city's insurer involved, I think if I were a tax payer there, I'd be asking why there wasn't a backup strategy in-place to protect and preserve that data.

Ask a Question