SOLVED SFC left 4 corrupt WindowsEdge files unrepaired.

Reaction score
Updated yesterday from Windows 7 Ultimate with a critical difficulty. In my case, "execute disable" switch should be "off" in BIOS setting in order to make NX support. It was on under the factory default. The update was completed successfully. One the other problem is that Nvidia graphic card driver files were replaced with Microsoft Basic graphic driver. Anyhow Windows 10 looks working properly. I ,therefore, ran SFC for final confirmation for the new system. CBS.log report 4 corrupt files for Windows-Edge couldn't repair. I don't feel any inconvenience in the running Windows Edge so far. However, I wish those files should be repaired someday. Some useful tips and/or solution for this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
from an elevated command prompt type
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restore health
hit enter
give it some time to complete and then
reboot and try running the native System File Checker again.
sfc /scannow

Reaction score
Dear Noob Whisperer
Thank you very much for your advice. I've tried "dism" as you advised. But, the command replied that I have to indicate the "/source" for "/restorehealth". I referred MSDN for the "source", but I couldn't get how to write in the command line. I have an installation DVD disk only in my hand right now, and I made upgrade with "MediaCreationTool.exe". I tried a few considerable source option, but every option said "could not find source image". I also tried "/checkhealth" instead of "/restorehealth". Then I got report that they are repairable. Anyhow I shutdown PC. After re-boot, I tried SFC again. I surprised that SFC reported all corrupt files were repaired.
Again, I want to send my sincere thank to you.

Ask a Question