Since C Drive upgrade Windows can't see my scanner

Reaction score
Hi,

Since I recently upgraded my SSD C drive, Windows can't see that my Canon MP270 Printer/Scanner is a scanner.

It prints fine, and correctly recognises that the printer is an MP270. I have updated to the latest printer drivers from Canon but they made no difference

The fact that it prints fine means the cables are connected properly, so it seems that it's a Windows issue.

What else can I do to fix this?

Thanks.
Windows version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572 )

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Windows version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572 )
Maybe manually check Settings -> Update & security to check for the latest update(s).
It should be 19041.630
See if that might have any impact on your current issue.

Reaction score
Get an original set up from Canon and just load the ijScan utility which is a Canon program and is in the full setup.

I had to redo this recently...no idea why.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I like Tim's idea as well.
I recently had a friend with a similar issue only on an HP All in One, and I believe I resolved it by extracting and installing just the scanner driver from the HP software package.

Interestingly, throughout the problem, while the HP Scanner software was complaining about a communication issue.....
Windows Fax and Scan could use the scanner without issue.

Ask a Question